4 men die after drinking 'Ogogoro' in Ogun


Four men have been reported death after consuming 'Ogogoro' (illicit local liquor), at the Ibara Housing Estate area in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital, Vanguard reports.

It was gathered that the men whose names were given as Baba Imeko, Baba Onwenue, Easy and an unidentified man, died shortly after consuming an excessive quantity of the drinks, leading to the arrest of the seller, one Salako Taloju, a security man that has his kiosk in front of the house of a prominent man in the estate.
Taloju who protested his innocence in the deaths of the men, resisted arrest and it took four policemen about 15 minutes to drag him into their vehicle. The suspect claimed he had been selling the liquor for over 20 years and no one had been reported dead before the incidence.
According to Taloju who himself was drunk at the time of his arrest, he and the victims had been drinking together for many years without any incident.
“We have been drinking together for a long time. I do not know why they have to accuse me now of killing them. I even took the same drink and nothing happened to me.
My boss has warned me on several occasions not to drink again, but I refused to listen. If he knows the problem I have put myself, he will kill me.”
A neighbour in one of the buildings in the estate, Kemi Adepitan, confirmed that the victims died after consuming the liquor.
“It is true that they died. We were at the house of one of the victims this yesterday to console his family.”

Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

0 comments: