Rojo Mo A Kenyan Actor and Musician in an Exclusive Chat with Topstories Magazine





Rojo Mo is known by many, a household name whom without doubt is enjoying the fruiting of what could be a dream but now is a dream come true. Did he even know that what he was doing in the drama club of Serani boys could turn him to be the darling of many Kenya film fanatics? He spoke exclusively to the Topstories Magazine on how he made it in his career field of acting and as a musician who does well in rap music industry.

By Erick Mutinda


Can you describe briefly  who Davis Luvaha is?

Davis popularly known as Rojo Mo  is a third generation rap artist and actor from the coast of Mombasa.

When did you launch a career in the field of acting.

 It all began when I was still in serani boys and then after school, I went for an audition and  got the chance to cast in Saida series,the nira that aired in maisha magic and Moyo series that airs on citizen TV kenya.


Fans know you as Rojo mo why are you being recognized more from the recent Nira and moyo series.

As a matter of fact yes. My fan base has been on the roll with new fans  continuing to accept what I do in terms of acting and that's  a great honour, I thank God for that .

Tell us about the charcater Jamal in Nira series.

Jamal is a spoilt,rude, stubborn and rich son of Mzee Malik who doesn't want to work hard because he has in mind the inheritance mentality .

How does this character in Nira series influence nature of characters you take up and the research you engage in before accepting a role in any act .

It's really  fun and I feel blessed because I have gotten to act  with a lot of big stars from Kenya and Tanzania who are amazing  if I can simplify their attributes.

What should audience expect from you.

They should expect new things in terms of acting project that will soon air on various televison station and am also dropping my new music which is a hit .

You are a musician, many people  dont know  that.

Yes I am a rap musician with lots of good songs at the coast and beyond .

Mention some of your songs.

Their is vampire which I featured Sudi boy, amekee featuring Chikuzee, ababu ya mziki that I featured cannibal and Della guys can go to my youtube channel to get to see many of my songs.

What are  some of those acting project you have been part of.

I have been in Uthalimu, Saida, Nira and Moyo series am also the taifa flour advert project model .

What does a typical day for you entail.


I hit the gym every morning, then go to the thunder sound records and end my day watching movie if I am free .


 What's it like working with the actors on set.

Well I usually  take time to study a given script and try as much as possible to give it all my best  by trying to realise the character .

News is abound that Rojo Mo is joining politics.

Yes I want to run for the mca seat in Tononoka ward which is my home and I believe in capturing the seat .

What's your parting shot.

My parting words is every thing one does, he should put God first and by doing that he should be rest assured of accomplishing all his wish.

Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

0 comments: