Nigerian transgender Salma Noni , regrets not changing his sex when he was younger


A male Nigerian journalist, Habeeb Babatunde Lawal, who underwent surgery to become a woman with the nameSalma Noni, has regretted not changing his sex when he was much younger.

Noni who was a top entertainment journalist in Nigeria before traveling to the United States of America for further studies where he went under the knife, spoke with Young Africa Media and said that the only regret she has was not transitioning when she was younger.
"My 20s was just full of emptiness. The only regrets I have is that I wished I transitioned way earlier. I wish I did it when I was in my teens.
When I was 5/6 years old, I was convinced I was a girl and then people started telling people me about it."
Noni added that she doesn't have a problem with Nigerians writing about her though she doesn't like it when she is described as a man who turned into a woman.

play
Habeeb Lawal has transformed into Noni Lawal
 

"My problem is not about them putting out a story about me. It's about how they put out the story, 'Nigerian man turns himself into a woman'.
I have never been a man. If you want to find out what transgender is, you need to find out. Identity varies. There are people who their identity matches the one they were assigned at birth."
"Good for them. There are people whose identity doesn't match with the sex they were assigned at birth," she concluded.
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

0 comments: