Tony Maluda A GOSPEL MUSCIAN FROM KENYA IN AN INTERVIEW WITH TOPSTORIES


This isn't false praises but a fact ,every song from Tony Maluda is content packed and an inspiration.

Tony who is an award winner at the just  concluded groove awards  ,he has had a seemingly tough journey in producing this award winning video that he featured one of the hip hop legend Juliani ,from this hustle for money to shooting the video, is evident of his love for Christ  and his passion for music which without doubt its a calling from Above .Tony spoke exclusively to Topstories Magazine

By Erick Mutinda

Who is Tony Maluda

 MALUDA is a rapper, a program director at One Hope Kenya, a big brother and a first born Son etc

 When did you  get into music 

 I got into music in 2007. I was in a group called Eternal Mcs after they broke up I pursued music by myself.

What inspires you to do music every daybreak 

My inspiration comes form  the possibility of changing someone's life and also the fact that this is what I was created to do.

Tony, your music has gained airplay on many radio station ,what have you been up to since you won the groove awards.

Since groove I've been  recording and writing new music ,this September I'm dropping a new joint called SINCE DAY ONE /AMEKUWA NAMI.

Let me take you back a bit, when you were in Angaza show , I heard Mr T saying you started hiphop wayback ,what held you back then from making a break into the industry.

Man, I would say nothing really held me back but TIME! Timing is everything in this business when the right time comes everything will align itself. God knows what is going on, He hold everything in his hand.


 Which is your favourite song among those you have done and why.

I usually say my next Song is my best song so watch out for my next song called AMEKUWA NAMI

 
You have a song with Madini briefly tell us about it and if possible make a roll of its lyrics to our readers ?

Yeah the Madini collabo is called sababu, its a true story that happened to me between. You can download it on waabeh.com , the cool thing is if you download the song the lyrics are embedded on the Mp3 so guys can sing along as they listen

 What are some of the high and low moments in your career 

High moment has been when someone says they appreciate what I do and God has blessed them through the music my low moments were when I was planning on recording my second CD and almost everyone I reached out to didn't wanna work with me.


Who is that dream artist you wanna do a collabo with.

 Hmmm, I would like to collaborate  with Mercy Masika

 What advice would you give to that artist who is new to the industry 

I would advice the new artist to always consult God and be fully equipped in the knowledge of God's word plus he should know the business,  there are people who will take advantage of you just because you are a Christian and you do music...

 What is your two sense on the state of the gospel industry 

The gospel industry is growing rapidly though I'd like to see more brotherly love among the musicians and authentic fellowship.

 What is your final word  to our readers

My final word is to ask the readers to support out work and  buy music legally don't Bluetooth or what's App it, this is what we depend on also pray for us we need it, a lot goes on behind the scenes.







Attachments area
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

0 comments: