John Obi Mikel could be headed for a shock transfer to Olympique Marseille in the French Ligue 1.


Out of favour Chelsea midfielder, John Obi Mikel could be headed for a shock transfer to Olympique Marseille in the French Ligue 1.
The coastal city outfit are looking at the possibility of signing the Nigerian international who has not featured in any of Chelsea’s games this season.
Mikel led Nigeria’s U-23 team to bronze medal at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, and has struggled to impress manager Antonio Conte since his return to Stamford Bridge. The 29-year-old midfielder is set to become a free agent next summer.
Mikel sparkles with the Blues...

In an interview during the week, he said that he will remain in Chelsea and fight for his place as he’s done after 10 years at the club and well over 350 appearances.
“I just have to be professional, work as hard as I can to get into the team. But it is down to the manager,” Mikel told the London Evening Standard.
“He has been open and honest with me. I respect him for that. He has explained the situation and I totally understand.
“When you have been at a club for a long time, these things happen where a club wants to move forward. If I don’t get back in the side, I will respect it.
“I always respect the football club’s decision because the club is more important than me,” he added.
Chelsea take on Southampton in the Premier League on Sunday.
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

0 comments: