Topstories Magazine spoke with Blessed jo A Kenyan gospel singer



Topstories Magazine spoke with Blessed jo  A Kenyan gospel singer whom has always been known for his unique ministry and good delivery in his music .He is a Praise and Worship singer.  
Blessed jo's  heart of worship is a challenging and yet encouraging act to the youths of this generation .His unwavering passion for God is so inspiring both to the young and the old who come in contact with his music . Enjoy.

By 

Erick Mutinda 


 kindly tell our readers more about your persons,  who is Blessed jo?


I am blessed son from a family of 6 and the last born of my parent,  a minister of God, and i preach  his words through music.


 Did you study music in school or it is just a tallent?

I started music way back as a small boy..performing in church and school.I believe its a gift from God

 What is you motivating factor?

My motivation comes from my family and my past life.

Who is you mentor or role medel?

 My mentors and role models are my family..and the people around me both rich and poor..and studying the word of God in the Bible makes me stronger.


You doubled up as  a director and muscian, what is the idea behind this?

As a director and artist..i can say it is Gods plan and gift and while i was growing up ,as a boy i used to watch movies of Bruce lee..jackie chan and i used to adore the actions and tricks. I always say i wanted to become a film director..and  doing music is a passion . However, i also studied  journalism.

 You featured princess Naliaka in Baba anakupenda  on a song that had peoples interest in kenyan, what  other songs  have you done?

Other songs have done are Dhambi ina Bo both original n remix that i featured kelele takatifu,bantu,ephy young,Mr boo...and zino boy...Namba moja with Vallen B....Mapenzi with Elsie ....Kanisani si nyumbani...Baba Unaemaje...etc

Are you open in terms of collabo?

Yes am open with collabos cz have done some..mostly with the new ministers...but it is never about the collabo but what God wants.

Considering that many artist are working towards either winning awards and money whats your opinion to this ?

Its depends on the reason for the artist to sing...let me not talk about other artists but for me am never into awards ,fame and money cz, i know what awaits me in my fathers kingdom.

Have won many awards from God..from the people i help and inspire., therefore ,for me it is about ministering.but if other awards comes my way i will give God all the glory cz. 

Many youths  venture  into music  recently , whats will you say to this?


About the youth, they should be patient and wait for Gods time, its never about music. It is more of a calling..and every call has a challenge, the ups and down. Music is not for everyone and everyone wont eat from music but if one is talented so be it. They should be Prayerful

Looking at the country we see alots of nomination are going down have you been nominated for any award  ?

Yes i was nominated in some categories but not this year...but like i said i was nominated by my father in heaven to preach and minister...what else is greater than my father?

 Why did you venture into gospel music ?

I didnt venture into gospel music,  it was a calling and i was brought up from a christian family and for that think God  had a plan. No any other music i could have done despite my christian life

 Looking at our industry is gospel music accorded the airplay that it deserve if not, why?

Before Gospel music wasn't receiving the airplay we receive like today..i can say we do receive enough airplay now..more so we get secular shows too...We thank God

 What will be your plan for the remaining part of the year?

My plans are to release like two singles before the year comes to an end ...but those are my plans dont know what God has store for me, however,  i know God has given me great songs

Any projects?

Many projects are coming, people should just wait for good music...a songs that will never die ..
.
If you were given a chance in the gospel music industry, what will you change?

.I will change everything in gospel industry, i mean everything.There is alot to be done..

 What is unique about you that we dont know?

Whats unique ...mmmh i care alot for those in need ..either food,shelter,clothes,recording, anything ....I dont brag and i dont bush around i speak my mind out.







Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

0 comments: