Ghanaian Artist, Afutu Kwaku spoke to Topstories Magazine in an exclusive interview





Afutu kwaku ray is a fast upcoming all round artist in Ghana , he is an actor who has had the acting roots flow from his mother who is a legendary Ghanaian actress, his passion is also revealed most when he takes the pen and paper to inscribe one of the most becoming writing of drawing pictures he speaks to Topstories Kenyan edition, exclusively regarding his career and  more.

By Erick Mutinda 
Kindly Introduce yourself to our reader.

My name is Afutu Kwaku courage.I am a creative artist and actor,basically anything creative I think that is because I was born into an artistic family.my mother is a legendary actress,my siblings are into fashion and music so pretty much have a strong foundation in art.i studied art in ghanatta college of arts and designs to sharpen my skill and talent.learning more about art broadened my scope as I discovered other things I could do.since my mum is an actress I featured in an opera called "yes matron"a health education show.i am a multi talented person and I don't limit myself to a particular field.I am still discovering new things and I explore them.

When and where did you realize you are multi talented

I realized that an early stage around four years old as I would draw from magazines,news papers,cut things up to create shapes.i could dance I loved music.i was a show boy.

 And did you have a mentor who would help in nurturing it.

 Yes i did

So far what  has made you grow each and every day.

I will say God.and the strong will to succeed.I always learn and I try tobe better than who I was yesterday.

You are an actor too what are some of the acts you have premiered on. .

Even though I am not a household name yet I have a few operas I ve featured in.the major one will be "YES MATRON".

 What has been the key influence on you choosing a character in a play

The key influence will be to play something different from my real life character.like in the opera I played a thug.which very opposite from me.i am very calm and reserved. It has to be challenging and daring.

What are some of the fondest memories of your career as an all round artist. 

I have a lot of fond memories that is meeting the big stars working for them and getting a great feedback of the good work I have been doing and its a good feeling.Every moment in my career is fond and special.There is this organization I work with where we help the old and needy to me this is a fond memory since when they see us they are able to trace their smiles back.

What are some of the challenges you have faced in the entertainment industry.

A lot of challenges in the entertainment industry.let me talk of major ones, Lack of planned system,lack of creativity,lack of financial support from the government.

What are your drawing concerning as far as matters thematic concern is pitched. 

My art is themed on life and what we go through as humans.sorrow,happiness,mysteries,culture,education. My art has to make you feel something when you look at it.that is what I do when I paint so I put my soul into it.

For the years you have been an artist what are some of the lesson you have learnt. 

I have learnt to be myself,to be bold,to love,to appreciate life,to be thankful,to be kind,to be patient,to Believe,,and to Give thanks to God for finding my purpose. I have learnt to be a better person in general.

There are many youths looking upto you whats your word to them.

My word to the youth is for them to find thier purpose and what they want to do.follow thier dreams and never stop until they achieve.believe in themselves and God.

Where do you see yourself in the near future.

In the near future i will be a house hold name ,the world will know of my artistic work and the creative mind behind the art.

Any changes you would incorporate if given the chance. 

If I was given the chance art will be thought from childhood as its the basics of life and creativity.i will build more galleries and art structures to promote African culture and heritage to the world.

Any upcoming projects.

I have a lot of projects coming up.that will be my art exhibitions,a couple of movies,the world just expect big things from me.
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

0 comments: